CONTACT or DONATE to Us
Who Rules America?
Is vs. Ought
Current World Events
Wars, Including The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, Peak Oil?/Energy, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
Global Climate Change
As the data cited in the linked articles below suggest, there is good scientific reason to be highly skeptical about the claims, by people like Al Gore and the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, that humans are causing catastrophic global warming by producing CO2. In addition, there is a social/political reason to be highly skeptical of these claims. The rulers of the world, like the ruling class of the United States, are an extremely wealthy and privileged elite who need to control ordinary people to prevent them from rising up in any way against the elite of the world. Elites have discovered various ways of controlling people over the centuries. One way is by using war between nations to make people obey their own rulers in the name of unity against the "real enemy"--the foreign enemy nation. Another way, hundreds of years ago, was to persuade people that the cost of disobeying the ruling royalty and Church leaders was an eternity of horrible suffering in hell. Even people (such as Pascal famously), who were very skeptical of the "eternity in hell" threat, reasoned that if there were even the slightest chance that it were true then it's safer to assume it is true and obey the rulers than to disobey them and risk finding out the hard way that eternal hell is the consequence.
Today the rulers' argue that we must put aside concerns about economic inequality and environmental pollution caused by profit-driven capitalists (such as BP and its destruction of much life in the Gulf of Mexico just to make a buck) because the "real enemy" is human-caused catastrophic global warming that can only be defeated if we all unite behind our leaders to reduce our CO2 "footprint"; furthermore, if we disobey our rulers then the consequence will be even WORSE than an eternity of personal suffering in hell--it will be the end of the human race entirely because of climate catastrophy. How convenient is the man-caused catastrophic global warming thesis!
Report by the NIPCC (Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change), whose lead author scientists are here. The Executive Summary details point by point why the IPCC conclusions (human-caused catastrophic global warming) are not credible.
- Date: 21/02/13
- Graham Lloyd, The Australian
The UN’s climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain’s Met Office, but said it would need to last “30 to 40 years at least” to break the long-term global warming trend.
- Antarctic sea ice hit 35-year record high Saturday (Septemberf 23, 2013) [Washington Post]
- And now it's global COOLING! Return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 29% in a year
In the prestigious science publication,Nature, aerosols (which cool the atmosphere) and not CO2 are linked to increased hurricane strength
"Warmergate" discussed in some detail in the MailOnline
- Big Oil ENDORSES (not opposes) the theory that CO2 emissions are causing dangerous climate change; if you agree, don't think you're "opposing Big Oil"
- The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert, a book by Donna Laframboise about the IPCC (the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) A review of this book by a person who has advised the editor of this website to take the warnings of the IPCC very seriously. This editor, contrary to the reviewer's opinion, thinks this book by Donna Laframboise makes a very persuasive case that the IPCC is not an organization to be trusted or taken seriously.
- Smoke from Arctic wildfires may have caused Greenland's record thaw
- Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it (Also, see this)
- Arctic Sea Ice in Free Fall by
Emily E. Adams and Janet Larsen
- "There's more to climate fraud than just tax hikes," by Atheo (this argues that the ruling elite are using unfounded fear of "CO2 pollution causing climate disaster" to turn concern for the environment towards support for nuclear reactors.
- Arctic Tipping Point May Not Be Reached, by Matt McGrath
- Good and Bad Choices for Energy Policy and the Environmental Movement 2009-2010 by Morton S. Skorodin, M.D.
- Climate Science: Observations vs. Models, by Richard Moore
- Copenhagen and Global Warming: Ten Facts and Ten Myths on Climate Change by Prof. Robert M. Carter, Research Professor at James Cook University (Queensland) and the University of Adelaide (South Australia). He is a palaeontologist, stratigrapher, marine geologist and environmental scientist with more than thirty years professional experience.
- Harvard Professor John Holdren, President Obama's chief science advisor and an advocate of "radical reconfiguration of policy and economies—and daily life—on a global scale" to address climate change, wrote a book in 1977 in which he presented plans for forced abortions and forced mass sterilization as worthy of consideration as a means to solve the "Population Explosion" problem. This illustrates the kind of totalitarian social-engineering mentality that can shape government policies when the public is persuaded by so-called "science" that there is an existential crisis--like "Global Warming," the modern replacement for the old "Population Explosion" bogeyman. Does this prove human-caused global warming is a false hypothesis? No. But it is important to keep the social context of such claims in mind when evaluating the credibility of various "experts." Note that China's involuntary "one child" policy is turning out to be horrible for babies and ordinary people and the population is actually shrinking in economically more developed nations, as is happening in Europe and Russia and Japan and the United States (excluding immigration) where "women 40 to 44 years old will end their childbearing years with an average of 1.9 children each, a number below replacement-level fertility"--places where there are no involuntary government-enforced population control measures.
- The 'Hockey Stick': A New Low in Climate Science, by John L. Daly
- Cooling Underway: Global Temperature Continues to Drop in May: Significantly Colder' - 16-month temperature drop of -0.774°C!, a report by the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, June 4, 2008
- On the Fundamental Defect in the IPCC's Approach to Global Warming Research by Syun-Ichi Akasofu at this URL: http://pielkeclimatesci.wordpress.com/2007/06/15/on-the-fundamental-defect-in-the-ipcc%E2%80%99s-approach-to-global-warming-research-by-syun-ichi-akasofu/ [Note: due to some weirdness in this URL address, you need to copy and paste it into your browser manually. Sorry.]
- The Faithful Heretic, by Dave Hoopman (an interview with Reid A. Bryson, Emeritus Professor and founding chairman of the University of Wisconsin Department of Meteorology—now the Department of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences—in the 1970s he became the first director of what’s now the UW’s Gaylord Nelson Institute of Environmental Studies. He’s a member of the United Nations Global 500 Roll of Honor—created, the U.N. says, to recognize “outstanding achievements in the protection and improvement of the environment.” He has authored five books and more than 230 other publications and was identified by the British Institute of Geographers as the most frequently cited climatologist in the world.
- Global-warming skeptics continue to punch away, by Joel Achenbach The Washington Post
- Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide .pdf), by Arthur B. Robinson et al, in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Volume 12, Number 3, Fall 2007 [for background on this article go here.]
- Lord Nelson and Captain Cook's shiplogs question climate change theories
- The First Global Revolution: A Report by the Council of the Club of Rome, which on page 75 states: "In searching for a common enemy against whom we can unite, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, wh ich we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself." NOTE that the Council of the Club of Rome selected Al Gore to chair its 1997 annual meeting (in Washington D.C.)
- Science and Public Policy Institute website
- U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007
- The Creeping Fascism of Global Warming Hysteria, by Floyd Anderson
- Climate and Carbon, Consensus and Contention, by Manuel Garcia, Jr. June 4, 2007
- Read the Sunspots, by R. Timothy Patterson (Financial Post, June 20, 2007) This article includes:
- Statistics needed -- The Deniers Part I
Warming is real -- and has benefits -- The Deniers Part II
The hurricane expert who stood up to UN junk science -- The Deniers Part III
Polar scientists on thin ice -- The Deniers Part IV
The original denier: into the cold -- The Deniers Part V
The sun moves climate change -- The Deniers Part VI
Will the sun cool us? -- The Deniers Part VII
The limits of predictability -- The Deniers Part VIII
Look to Mars for the truth on global warming -- The Deniers Part IX
Limited role for C02 -- the Deniers Part X
End the chill -- The Deniers Part XI
Clouded research -- The Deniers Part XII
Allegre's second thoughts -- The Deniers XIII
The heat's in the sun -- The Deniers XIV
Unsettled Science -- The Deniers XV
Bitten by the IPCC -- The Deniers XVI
Little ice age is still within us -- The Deniers XVII
Fighting climate 'fluff' -- The Deniers XVIII
Science, not politics -- The Deniers XIX
Gore's guru disagreed -- The Deniers XX
The ice-core man -- The Deniers XXI
Some restraint in Rome -- The Deniers XXII
Discounting logic -- The Deniers XXIII
Dire forecasts aren't new -- The Deniers XXIV
They call this a consensus? - Part XXV
NASA chief Michael Griffin silenced - Part XXVI
Forget warming - beware the new ice age - Part XXVII
- The Corporate Climate Coup, by David Noble (Znet, May 8, 2007)
- Top Scientist Debunks Global Warming, by Simon Kirby (The Australian News, April 11, 2007)
- Media Alert-Pure Propaganda-the Great Global Warming Swindle-The Scientists Are the Bad Guys, by Media Lens, March 14, 2007. This argues against a video that challenged the "man is causing global warming" hypothesis; a broken link to the video in included. The video was originally at YouTube, which now says that "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Wag TV." Here is the UK's Channel4 synopsis of the film, which they broadcast.
- Climate Change: As Old as the Hills (Metro newspaper)
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We CAN Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler