CONTACT or DONATE to Us
Who Rules America?
Is vs. Ought
Current World Events
Wars, Including The So-called "War on Terror"
Palestine (& the Part of it Called Israel)
Culture & Values
Science (Global Climate Change, World Population, Peak Oil?/Energy, HIV/AIDS)
Contact or Donate to Us
New Democracy's Core Beliefs
Articles about the so-called "War on Terror" with useful information, though not necessarily reflecting the views of New Democracy
- The Unexpected Results of Presidential Elections in Iran, by Akbar E. Torbat
- A Proxy War is Raging in Syria, by Washingtonsblog.com
- The real invasion of Africa is not news and a licence to lie is Hollywood's gift by John Pilger
- Political Islam in the Service of Imperialism
- I Remember by Terry Rogers
- BBC video documenting Israel's possession of nuclear bombs and biological warfare weapons.
- Miscreants, Murderers, and Malefactors: Imperial Conquest, Torture, and a Little Matter of Genocide by Jason Miller
- Evolution is Intelligently Designed: Social Darwinism, Silver Spoons, and Our Emperor’s Call to Arms to Sustain the Rich by Jason Miller
- Palestine/Israel: A vision of joint life: Activists, intellectuals, recognize the Right to Return
- How the West and the West Bank Were Won by Jason Miller
- The 'War on Terror': A Double Fraud on Humanity by Elias Davidsson (click on the title here, and then again on the title in the page that comes up.)
- "Kevin Benderman Timeline" The full story of Sgt. Kevin Benderman, the courageous soldier who was recently court martialed for declaring himself a coonscientious objector and refusing to go to Iraq
- "Don't Stop With Syria's Occupation" by Juan Cole
- "Depleted uranium: Dirty bombs, dirty missiles, dirty bullets: A death sentence here and abroad" by Leuren Moret
- "Leave Our Country Now" by Hassan Juma'a Awad
- "Arafat and the State of the Argument, or Dave Kersting on Margolis on Arafat" by Dave Kersting
- "Democratic Keynote Speaker Barack Obama Calls For Missile Strikes On Iran" by Tom Mackaman.
- "Well, That Was Fun" by Matt Taibbi.
- "Be Prepared For The Fearmongers" by Scott Blackburn. "Call your schools and find out if they are participating in this non-constructive fearmongering, and if they are, ask to have your own teach-in. ...whatever you do, save them from this state-sponsored fear." We need coordinated, mass citizen action to shut down the totalitarian War On Terror. New Democracy advocates Mass Refusal.
- "NPR Leads The Charge To War" by Mike Whitney.
- New Zogby Poll: New Yorkers suspect government complicity in the September 11 attacks!
- "The Silent Majority Is Ours" by Dave Stratman on Antiwar.com.
- "A Police State Of Mind: Don't You Feel Safer?" by Nicholas von Hoffman.
- "The Ghost Shirts" by Mike Davis. "Thus, another large segment of the American industrial working class is being fast-forwarded to that brave new world that Kurt Vonnegut predicted with such eerie prescience in his 1952 novel, Player Piano: a society of discarded laborers whose only option is enlistment in the imperial legions fighting wars for oil and other resources on distant frontiers."
- "The Clash Thesis: A Failing Ideology?" by M. Shahid Alam. "Despite its intense propaganda, the American establishment has failed to dupe most Americans on the Clash thesis."
- "Naval Toys And Liberty" by David Calderwood.
- "Reclaiming The U.S. Army" by William Pfaff. "Not All Reservists Going Willingly" from AP.
- "9/11 Commission's Report Promises Unending War" by Nicholas von Hoffman.
- "Ad Campaign..." by Mimi Hall. Homeland Security recruits kids for the War on Terror.
- "Big Business Becoming Big Brother" by Kim Zetter.
- "Generation Gap" by Chris Floyd. "You would think that this apotheosis of human transcendence, achieved, in the best democratic fashion, by ordinary conscripts -- farmboys and dock workers, factory hands, bank clerks, guitar players, teachers, cab drivers, hobos, card sharks, college men -- would have been inscribed on plates of gold and fixed to the walls of the Capitol for all time, a blazon of national greatness."
- "Doctors And Torture" by Robert J. Lifton, M.D.
- "Families Pull Together As Iraq War Pulls Them Apart" by Marilyn Elias. Support groups, counseling and expert opinion aside, the profound anti-family nature of military service in the age of the "war on terror" cannot be disguised.
- "The Arabian Candidate" by Paul Krugman. "The Arabian candidate wouldn't openly help terrorists. Instead, he would serve their cause while pretending to be their enemy."
- "Chilled By Draft Talk" by Nick Leonhardt.
- "Take Me Out To The Antiwar Ballgame" by Derek Seidman.
- "Army Sets Up Video-Game Studio" by John Gaudiosi.
- "The Failure Of The 9/11 Commission" by Bryan Sacks.
- Important link: 911 Video, "Loose Change, 2nd edition, recut
- "Active Duty: No Way Out" from CBSNews.com.
- "Maybe We Do Need A Draft" by Al Lorentz.
- "This Won't Hurt Much" by Terry Jones.
- "A Nightmare Come True" by Uri Avnery.
- "The Torturers Among Us" by Robert Kuttner. Go to original article.
- "Abu Ghraib And The Failure Of American Society" by David Walsh. A leftist view. Compare with Pat Buchanan.
- "Iraqi General: US Helped Us As We Used Chemical Weapons" by Aaron Glantz.
- "What Will It Take?" by John J. Dwyer.
- "Kerry: An Echo Not A Choice" by Sheldon Richman.
- "Keep Our Slaves Safe" by Reggie Rivers.
- "Bush The Infidel" by Joseph Sobran.
- "Has The U.S. Government Committed War Crimes In Afghanistan And Iraq?" by Robert Higgs.
- "Future Schlock" by Bob Ostertag.
- "Under The Banner Of The 'War' On Terror" by William Greider. An extremely frustrating article. Writing for The Nation, Greider brilliantly outlines the totalitarian aspects of the War on Terror but instead of calling on decent Americans to organize ordinary people to shut down this evil enterprise he calls for "changing presidents" even though he acknowledges that John Kerry supports "total war."
- "The War On Terror: A Persistent Debacle" by John M. Regan, Jr. Did the War on Terror begin in 1983? The Lebanon "debacle" is part of the legacy of Ronald Reagan, although the author doesn't mention this fact.
- "Poly-Sci-Ops Or, Where Did That Speech By Al Gore Come From?" by T. Patrick Donovan. "The next five months represent a very decisive moment in world history and in the history of this country. Let us keep our eyes wide open and our critical thinking faculties finely honed. We may all be called upon by unfolding events that from this vantage point seem highly unlikely and even impossible."
- "Security And Strength For A New World." John F. Kerry, the likely next President of the United States, outlines his plan for an endless war on terror and a regime of fear for America.
- "Voting With Their Feet" by David H. Hackworth.
- "What Does America Offer The World?" by Patrick J. Buchanan.
- From FAIR: Analysis of NewYork Times torture article. See "Water Boarding" below.
- "Atrocities In Iraq: 'I Killed Innocent People For Our Government'" by Paul Rockwell.
- "End Self-Delusion" by Charley Reese. "GI Joe Meets GI Ho" by Ilana Mercer. "Water Boarding" article from the New York Times. The War on Terror brings forth unadulterated torture and depravity.
- "So If Iraq Is Vietnam, What Is The War On Terror" by Anthony Gregory. Iraq is the War on Terror.
- "Private Security Company In Iraq Suppressed Labor Struggles In US" by Jerry White.
- "Angry Ex-detainees Tell Of Abuse" by Scott Wilson of washingtonpost.com. "Interviews with former Iraqi prisoners and human-rights advocates present a picture of the U.S. prison system here as a vast wartime effort to extract information from the enemy rather than to punish criminals." Despite the headline the ex-prisoners are actually describing full-fledged torture and war crimes.
- "Selective Service Eyes Women's Draft" by Eric Rosenberg.
- "Remember Falluja" by Orit Shohat.
- "The Utterly Un-Lonesome Death Of Pat Tillman" by Dave Zirin.
- Letter From Ed Asner: "We Must Demand Full 9-11 Truth."
- "...A Deliberate Stand-down Against Airplane Hijackings" by Patrick Martin.
- "Our Other War" by Geov Parrish.
- "The Great Satan" by Paul Craig Roberts.
- "Punched, Kicked, Then Left To Die" by Matthew Taylor. "The photographs were given to the Mirror newspaper by soldiers who said the horrific treatment of prisoners was widespread and was one of the main reasons why coalition forces faced such fierce opposition in Iraq."
- "Some Dare Call It Treason: Wake Up America!" by Dr. Robert Bowman, USAF Ret.
- "Asimov's Laws" by Robert Klassen. "1. A robot may not injure a human being..."
- "Al-Sadr City: Support From The Impoverished" by May Ying Welsh. "The student left and the teacher came."
- "Lawyers Try To Gag FBI Worker Over 9/11" by Andrew Buncombe. "The FBI wants to shut her up completely." Mrs. Edmonds charges the government knew terrorists would attack with planes.
- "Whose Chaos Is This Anyway?" by Mark LeVine.
- "The Seduction And Recruitment Of Progressives" by T. Patrick Donovan.
- "The Negroponte Nomination: A Warning To The People Of Iraq" by Bill Van Auken.
- "Conscience And Terrorism" by Joseph Sobran.
- "Again, Why George W. Bush Must Be Tried As A War Criminal" by Bob Fitrakis.
- "CIA Briefing Memo Exposes Bush Lies On 9/11" by Barry Grey.
- "Bush's Dramatic Shift In Mideast" by Helen Thomas.
- "In Major Sections Of Iraq, Insurgents Rule The Roads" from The Los Angeles Times.
- "US Senator Talks Conscription For Iraq" from Aljazeera.net.
- "Kerry On 'Meet The Press'" by Patrick Martin.
- "US Bans Civilian Traffic On Iraq Highways" by Patrick Cockburn.
- "An American Caesar" by Paul Craig Roberts. "US forces in Iraq are insufficient to deal with a general uprising. There are no available troops with which to reinforce the troops that Bush has placed in a quagmire." One source of "available" troops might be Israel itself.
- "Rise Of The Machines" by Conn Hallinan.
- "The Madness Of President George" by Lew Rockwell.
- "Feeling A Draft" by Paul Craig Roberts. Is Bush trying to start WWIII? "A generalized rebellion against the American occupation would likely spill over into generalized conflict in the Middle East – the ignition of which was the precise reason behind the neoconservative plan to invade Iraq. Although utterly discredited by the failure of their 'cakewalk' scenario, the neocon ideologues and their Likud Party allies might yet prevail in starting a Middle Eastern war."
- "Deaths Of Scores Of Mercenaries Hidden From View" by Robert Fisk and Patrick Cockburn.
- "Iraq's Intifada Begins" by M. Junaid Alam.
- "Thousands Break Roadblocks" from AFP.
- "Fickle, Bitter and Dangerous -- An Interview With Chalmers Johnson" by David Ross and Chalmers Johnson.
- "'Independent' Candidate Ralph Nader Offers Alliance With Democrat Kerry" from WSWS. "Nader's current downgrading of the war question is not a mere oversight. He can hardly continue to appeal to popular sentiment against the Iraq war and simultaneously promote the candidacy of Kerry, who voted to authorize the invasion and adamantly supports the US occupation." New Democracy invites disgruntled Nader supporters and all antiwar "third party" candidates (Labor, Socialist, Conservative, Libertarian, Green, etc.) to join the call for a boycott this year of the US Presidential election. MassRefusal/2004.
- "I saw papers that show US knew al-Qa'ida would attack cities with aeroplanes" -- Whistleblower speaks! By Andrew Buncombe.
- "Is Fix In At 9/11 Commission?" by Paul Sperry.
- "We should have had orange or red-type of alert in June or July of 2001" by Eric Boehlert.
- "Empire Falls" by Nathan Callahan. An interview with Chalmers Johnson. "A revolution would be required to bring the Pentagon under democratic control."
- "Chomsky's Lesser-Evilism" by Phil Gasper.
- "Sharon Edges Closer To World War" by Gilad Atzmon.
- "It's Groundhog Day...Again" by Steven LaTulippe.
- "Man Of The Moment: John Kerry" by John Laughland.
- "Flip And Flop" by Karen Kwiatkowski.
- "As U.S. Detains Iraqis, Families Plead For News" by Jeffrey Gettleman. "...American forces are still conducting daily raids, bursting into homes and sweeping up families. More than 10,000 men and boys are in custody. According to a detainee database maintained by the military, the oldest prisoner is 75, the youngest 11."
- "He Molests The Dead" by Jimmy Breslin.
- "US Hires Mercenaries For Iraq Role" by Jonathan Franklin.
- "The Smell Of Empire" by Steven LaTulippe. "Our mild-mannered Jimmy Stewart Republic has become a bloated Imperial corpse…like the decomposing carcass of Jabba the Hut."
- "A Constitution Drenched In Blood" by Pepe Escobar. "All This Talk Of Civil War, Now This" by Robert Fisk. "Iraqi Militants Claim Al-Zarqawi Is Dead" from AP.
- "John Kerry Tells Antiwar Movement To Move On" by Mark Hand.
- "2004: Choose Your Favorite Pro-War Candidate" by John Pilger.
- "The Circus Is Back In Town" by Butler Shaffer. "Whatever the explanation, there might be some hope for the country if sizeable numbers of men and women decided to vote, not with ballots or voting machines, but with their feet, by staying away from a system that is designed to do nothing more than reinforce our illusions that 'we' run the state. To paraphrase a slogan that arose during the Vietnam War years, 'what if they gave an election, and nobody came?'"
- "Blood Will Have Blood" by Mike Whitney.
- "Britons And Americans Condemned To A Hobson's Choice" by Linda S. Heard. "Short of an anarchical response, or a ban on the ballot box, there is little the voter can do to change the status quo. Any choice we think we have is an illusion, carefully crafted by devotees of Goebbels-like propaganda." On both sides of the Atlantic people need a third choice -- Mass Refusal.
- "A Legacy Of Lies" by Seth Ackerman. Demonstrates the underlying continuity of U.S. Iraq policy during the Democratic Clinton administration and the Republican administration of George W. Bush.
- "Tokyo Lets Loose Lapdogs Of War" by Chalmers Johnson.
- "Corporatism And Single Party Politics" by Charles Sullivan.
- "Iraqi Sanctions And American Intentions: Blameless Carnage?" by James Bovard.
- "The Family Steering Committee Statement And Questions Regarding The 9/11 Commission Interview With President Bush."
- "War And Crime" by Joseph Sobran.
- "Bush's Endgame" by Kurt Nimmo. More on Chalmers Johnson. Mr. Nimmo writes:
"Cause For Alarm" by John Wilkens. A discussion of Chalmers Johnson and the "four sorrows."
- "'Anybody But Bush': The Big Abdication" by T. Patrick Donovan.
- "Stewardess ID'd Hijackers Early, Transcripts Show" by Gail Sheehy. The antiwar movement should make common cause with the families seeking the full truth about the September 11 attack. For more information read Book Review: "The War On Freedom"
- "After The Invasion" by Anthony Arnove.
- "British Spy Op Wrecked Peace Move" by Martin Bright, Peter Beaumont, and Jo Tuckman.
- "Former Iraq Administrator Sees Decades-long U.S. Military Presence" by Amy Svitak Klamper.
- "Inside John Kerry's Closet" by Michael Donnelly.
- "Bloomberg Fails To Ask Why" by Jimmy Breslin.
- "Are We Electing A Military Ruler Or A President?" by Jacob G. Hornberger.
- "Democrats Cover Up For Bush Lies On Iraq WMD" by Patrick Martin.
- "9/11 Director Gave Evidence To Own Inquiry" by Shaun Waterman.
- "Cheney's Grim Vision: Decades Of War" by James Sterngold.
- "The Avocado Declaration" by Peter Camejo.
- "The Horserace" by Justin Raimondo. Politics as usual divides us. Mass Refusal can bring us together. Take the Pledge.
- "Tasks For Our Times: Remember, Refuse, Resist" by Renato Redentor Constantino.
- "Turn Your Back" on the 2004 elections says Robert Klassen writing for LewRockwell.com. "I look at the roster of candidates, and I read what they do not say, and I think we're in big trouble. For one thing, nobody is saying that they will renounce the usurped power of the office to make war. Nobody is saying that they will renounce the usurped power of the office to rule by executive order. Nobody is saying they will repeal the Patriot Act, or disband the office of Homeland Security. Nobody denounces our military occupation of dozens of foreign countries, or promises to bring our troops home. Nobody denounces the police state so carefully crafted over decades in the District of Criminals."
- "Slow Boats And Atom Bombs" by Tom White.
- "I Believe In Conspiracies" by John Laughland.
- "Survival Of The Fittest" by Ari Shavit. This interview in Ha'aretz of the Israeli historian Benny Morris is extremely revealing of the logical implications of the premise that "the Jews need a state of their own." Morris accepts this premise, but unlike many others who accept it he is brutally honest about its implications, both in the past (as he is famous for writing about) and in the present and future. [John Spritzler]
- "Bush As Hitler? Let's Be Fair" by Alexander Cockburn. "The central political issue this year is the absolute corruption of the political system and of the two parties that share the spoils. Wherever one looks, at the gerrymandered districts, the balloting methods, the fund raising, corruption steams like fumes from a vast swamp. To rail about Bush as Hitler is to blur what should be the proper focus."
- "Dr. Dean And The Godhead" by Lenni Brenner.
- "Orange Jumpsuits For The Bush Clan?" by Mike Whitney.
- "Nine Hundred and Eleven Missing Pieces: What We Don't Know and Why We Don't Know It" by Alan Cabal.
- "Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself" by Willam Bowles.
- "More 'Right' On Israel Than Bush" by Stephen Zunes. In regards to Israel, "Senators Kerry and Lieberman and the House Democratic leadership have gone on record supporting the policies of the Bush administration against the will of an overwhelming majority of the American people." More evidence of fake democracy and the necessity for the antiwar movement to break with politics as usual, denounce the Democratic Party, and support MassRefusal in 2004.
- "Conspiracy Of Silence" - Antiwar rock song. Music and Lyrics by John Kasper. "We are a 4 piece band from central New Jersey whose goal is to change the world for the better. We want to see an end to corporate and foreign influence in Washington as well as an end to our presence in Iraq."
- "Rumsfeld Visited Baghdad In 1984 To Reassure Iraqis, Documents Show" by Dana Priest.
- "Peace On Earth: The Prospects" by Geov Parrish. "The force at work is both so simple that politicians ignore it and so powerful that politicians cannot control it. It is hope, particularly the hope of ordinary people in all parts of the world."
- "For Telling The Truth" by Norman Solomon.
- "1914 Christmas Truce 'Planned By Thousands Of German Soldiers'" by Tony Paterson.
- "Becoming More Human On Christmas" by G. Simon Harak.
- "In Defense Of The Gospel Of Peace: An Evangelical Antiwar View" by Bill Barnwell.
- "Iraqi Workers Threaten General Strike And Armed Resistance"by Ewa Jasiewicz.
- "The Empire Strikes Out: Scott Taylor Reports From Iraq" by Christopher Deliso.
- "1-Shot Killer" from the Armed Forces Journal. A private "security consultant" in Iraq. An unusual fatal gunshot wound. A promotional video for "blended-metal" bullets. A slab of meat that disintegrates before your eyes. From the War on Terror, a small story with big implications as science and technology and people's best engineering skills are harnessed to serve evil.
- "Getting Ready To Wreck The Vote" by Laura Paskus. Fake Democracy is the disease. Mass Refusal is the cure.
Old War Stories-2003
- Old War Stories-2002
Articles by Dave Stratman
Articles by John Spritzler
Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)
End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)
We CAN Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman
The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler