HOME PAGE

All Articles

BLOG

Cool Graphics

Comments

Books

Who Rules America?

Revolution

Is vs. Ought

Current World Events

The So-called "War on Terror"

9/11

Palestine & Israel

Culture & Values

Education

Work

Health Care

Science:

Global Climate Change

World Population

Peak Oil?

HIV/AIDS

----------

Contact or Donate to Us

New Democracy's Core Beliefs

 

 

printer-friendly version

www.NewDemocracyWorld.org

                       SAMENESS AND DIFFERENCE

 

The famous physicist David Bohm wrote, “To be confused about what is different and what is not is to be confused about everything.” (Wholeness and the Implicate Order, 1980)  There is confusion in the Public Mind, in which  it is generally trying to make different what is not different and make what is not identical the same.   The 1% who exploit and profit from the labor of the other 99% have been using the weapon of ideological fragmentation to weaken working class consciousness. Utilizing the mass media, think tanks and the educational system the political economy of capitalism has promoted, propagated and perpetuated thinking that magnifies what is different and minimizes what is the same. This propaganda system promotes exclusive, political identity politics such as religion, ethnicity, caste, culture, nationalism, race etc, among members of the working class despite the fact that all workers must sell their labor power and all workers share 99% of the same DNA.

Ending this confusion in the minds of the working class requires struggle to demonstrate that the differences are more similar and the similarities are less different.

4/18/2019

Nayvin Gordon is a retired physician who has written many articles on health and politics.  He can be reached at gordonnayvin@yahoo.com

 

 

Comments

www.NewDemocracyWorld.org

This article may be copied and posted on other websites. Please include all hyperlinks.

 

 

 

READ THE BOOKS IN THE "NO RICH AND NO POOR" SERIES

 

Articles by Dave Stratman

Articles by John Spritzler

Turn the World Upside Down (John Spritzler's blog #1)

End Class Inequality (John Spritzler's blog #2)

 

Books

We Can Change the World: The Real Meaning of Everyday Life by Dave Stratman

The People as Enemy: The Leaders' Hidden Agenda in World War II by John Spritzler

NO RICH AND NOPOOR: The Populist Goal We CAN and Must Win

DIVIDE AND RULE: The "Left vs. Right" Trap